Thursday, February 2, 2012

ARTIST TO WATCH: ROYALTY

My girl from London, the lovely Chesca and her partner-in-crime Yorke's latest project ROYALTY has been on my list to post for a while... finally I've been able to catch up with my to-do list. ROYALTY  has been getting big props from the press, from Dazed Digital to NME, which listed them as one of new bands to watch for in 2012. XLR8R described their sound as "somewhere in between Daft Punk's robotic revelry, Kraftwerk's chilly minimalism, and Jimmy Edgar's austere sex appeal, you'll find Royalty's Chesca and Elliot Yorke working out deep low-end melodies, incessant dance rhythms, alien vocoder sounds, and icy synthlines—all of which perfectly create the duo's retro-futuristic motif." I love it, I've always been a fan of her and her music. Their two releases are out on London-based label Five Easy Pieces. The latest, Purple Nights EP was actually put out on a super exclusive, 100 limited edition record release on purple vinyl!



No comments: